Friday, December 11, 2009

Baking with the Barbers

A favorite family tradition of ours is decorating Christmas cookies together. I've been doing it since I was a kid. This is the same cookie and frosting recipe my mom used...even the cookie cutters are mostly the same. I have bought some new ones periodically.
The boys got to make the cut outs first and we baked them and then they got to decorate their cookies.


Hayden getting very detailed in his cookie art.







Logan had a little difficulty frosting, so I helped frost and he put the sprinkles on....on the cookie, on the counter and on the floor!



He go the shiner from his brother. Nice huh?






Hayden's cookies



This was my favorite...Logan's Santa. I think those red things are his eyes...he's possessed!


Even Chad got into the cookie decorating action. He made the Blue man group, the Jackson 5, a yellow snowman (don't eat yellow snow)...you get the idea.


Here is the Blue Man group.



What if any are some of your family traditions?


3 comments:

Mom said...

Well, it looks like you all had fun, and that is most important!!!

Did Chad eat his Blue Man Group??

I really like that Santa creation of Logan's !

Didn't Bryn get to "decorate" any???

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.